The Department respects the rights of its users and does not, as a general rule, collect personal information of any kind. Where a user voluntarily provides personal information in response to a questionnaire or survey, the data will be used for research or analysis purposes only. Further information in relation to Data Proction in the Department of Social and Family Affairs is available on the Data Protection page.
For general web browsing no personal information is revealed to us, although certain statistical information is available to us via our Internet service provider. This information may include
- The logical address of the server you are using
- The top level domain name from which you access the Internet (for example, .ie, .com, .org etc.
- The type of browser you are using.
- The date and time you access our site
- The Internet address used to link to our site
Some of the above information is used to create summary statistics which allow us to assess the number of visitors to our site, identify what pages are accessed most frequently and generally, help us to make our site more user friendly.