What is an internship?
An internship provides the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a working environment to those looking to explore or gain the relevant knowledge and skills required to enter into a particular career field.
JobBridge provides work experience placements for interns for a 6 month or 9 month period. Its aim is to assist in breaking the cycle where jobseekers are unable to get a job without experience, either as new entrants to the labour market after education or training or as unemployed workers wishing to learn new skills
Interns will receive an allowance of €50 per week on top of their social welfare entitlement. This will be payable for the period of the internship.
What are the benefits of doing an internship?
- Gain valuable work experience which you can add to your CV
- Apply knowledge learned in training or education in a work environment
- Enhance your skills and learn new ones through workplace learning
- Explore a new career path
- Enhance your career prospects
- Gain networking opportunities and keep close to the labour market
- Build your confidence through work experience.