What is an internship?
JobBridge is a new National Internship Scheme that will provide work experience placements for interns for a 6 month or 9 month period.
The aim of the National Internship Scheme is to assist in breaking the cycle where jobseekers are unable to get a job without experience, either as new entrants to the labour market after education or training or as unemployed workers wishing to learn new skills. The scheme will also give young people a real opportunity to gain valuable experience to bridge the gap between study and the beginning of their working lives.
Interns will receive an allowance of €50 per week on top of their social welfare entitlement. This will be payable for the period of the internship.
What are the benefits of taking on an intern?
By taking part in the JobBridge scheme, your organisation will:
- Give an unemployed person the opportunity to gain relevant work experience
- Access potential future employees
- Enhance the performance of your organisation by offering an internship to motivated individuals with enthusiasm and a passion for developing their careers
- Bring in fresh talent, fresh ideas and new thinking
- Access newly trained interns with recent skills sets or skilled workers that add real value to your organisation.